Get a “lay of the landscape” of YOU!
Why has there been an onslaught of advice to meditate and “do yoga”?
Why all the meditation apps?
Why all the meditation programs in schools? Why is yoga part of the P.E. curriculum?
Why the “mindfulness” movement? Why here (in the West)? Why now?
Our “Modern” Problems
- attending to self for acceptance, care, love, connection
- trouble slowing down, being still, staying in the moment
- problems with attention (scattered, divided, distraction)
- difficulty concentrating, especially on one’s inner world (introspection and reflection)
- speed of modern life (competition; survival of fittest mentality; kill or be killed; race to the top; speed=efficiency)
- continuous media/information overwhelm 24/7 (trouble disconnecting; excessive consumerism of data/info)
- overly dependent on external “goods and services” to “make us X” (x= “more” than we are because we are taught we are inadequate)
- fear of pain and challenge (safe space mentality; dependencies on others for answers in the form of authority, pills, and hokey panaceas for happiness and pleasure rather than real meaning and fulfillment)
- fear of seeing, accepting, telling, and expressing the truth (we are liars and believe our own bullshit to the point of illness and suboptimal health)
- seeking knowledge more than wisdom; fear of failure causing a lack of living in the truth!
WHY & HOW TO BE A HEALTHY HUMAN IN A MODERN LANDSCAPE!
COME GAIN A BIT OF WISDOM FOR WELLNESS!!!
Workshop 1: October 19, 2019
Bikram Yoga Danvers
In the upcoming October Workshop I will be prompting you to learn how to learn
expose you to some tools and practices
to develop coping skills for managing YOUR unique life experiences in a modern world!